Grant of Waivers and Opening of Accounts on ALTX
ALTX Clearing Limited is pleased to inform the investing public that the Capital Markets Authority, at its sitting on 1st December 2015, considered and approved ALTX Clearing Limited’s request for waiver of the following provisions in support of ALTX Clearing Limited’s prospectus application for Issuing Depository Receipts in the Treasury Secondary market:
- Capital Markets (Prospectus Requirements) Regulations 2 (c), (e), (f), (g), (h) and (k).
- The requirements to comply with the Capital Markets (Cross Border Introductions) Regulations 2004 in Part III, Rule 11 of the ALTX Depository Receipt Rules, 2015.
- The Listing Requirements for Depository Receipts in Part III, Rule 6 of the ALTX Depository Receipt Rules, 2015.
- Continuous Obligations in Part IV, Rule 12 (f) (i) and (ii) of the ALTX Depository Receipt Rules, 2015.
- Miscellaneous provisions Part VI, Rule 18 of the ALTX Depository Receipt Rules, 2015.
The Capital Markets Authority granted the waivers in accordance with its powers under Section 90D of the Capital Markets Authority Act, Cap 84.
ALTX Clearing Ltd is also pleased to announce that opening of depository accounts shall commence in May 2016 and trading in securities on ALT Xchange Ltd shall be launched soon afterwards.
For additional information please visit www.altxafrica.com or follow us on twitter @Altx_EastAfrica